The award-winning Epic is our most versatile backpack! The Epic is designed for pack-rafting expeditions in the harshest of climates, but it’s also been known to carry chainsaws, beer kegs, and elk quarters. It has gained a following among distance hikers as it offers a versatile and waterproof way to carry your gear.
The Epic has been designed to fit dry bags between 30 – 70 L capacity, so you can adjust the pack volume to suit your trip. ULA packages and ships the Epic with the 65L Big River Dry Bag from Sea to Summit*. It’s a lightweight, durable and secure way to keep your gear dry in the wettest of conditions. OPTIONALLY, the Epic can be purchased without the Sea to Summit Dry Bag or the adjustable side pockets for $50 less. The side pockets only work with the Sea to Summit Big River dry bags. Pack weight with the 60-liter drybag and pockets is ~48 oz
The Epic offers an integrated solution for Packrafters with packraft carry straps designed into bottom panel. The packraft shown in the photos (the blue bag on the bottom of the pack) is not included with purchase. Pack weight is about 48oz with the 65 liter drybag
The Epic has already gathered some trail accomplishments. The earlier generation, Arctic 1000, was carried on Backpackinglight.com’s Grand Adventure in Alaska. More recently, Andrew Skurka carried the updated Epic for portions of his National geographic Sponsored, 4,600 + mile circumnavigation of Alaska.
* Dry Sack colors vary. we’ll do our best with color requests, but we receive random colors from Sea to Summitt, so we may not have the color you want
Removable features are in bold.
- Internal Frame
- 65L Sea to Summit Dry Bag
- Contoured Shoulder Straps
- Zippered Front Mesh Bellowed Pocket
- Side/Top Compression Straps
- Bottom Compression Straps for Packraft, etc.
- Aluminium Stays (2.25 oz)
- 400 D Robic Adjustable Side Pockets (1.6 oz)